This is the Heated Build Plate kit for the Duplicator 5S and Duplicator 5S MINI printers. This heated build plate/platform (HBP) improves model quality by helping to prevent warping. As extruded plastic cools, it shrinks slightly. When this shrinking process does not occur throughout a printed part evenly the result is a warped part. Warping usually occurs at the edges of printed parts which can result in lifted sides/corners.
Printing on a heated bed allows the printed part to stay warm during the printing process and allows more even shrinking of the plastic as it cools below melting point. Heated beds usually yield higher quality prints with materials such as ABS and PLA.
- Extra-flat glass printing surface with beveled edges.
- Aluminum heat plate for even thermal conductivity.
- Silicone heating pad with top operating temperature of 120°C.
- External temperature controller with independent on/off rocker switch.
- Magnet retention for easy installation.
*Please note: This version of the Duplicator 5S heated build plate kit will reduce your available printing area by roughly 100mm in the X-Axis (left-to-right).
**Due to high demand there is a 7 day lead time before this product is shipped. Orders will be shipped on a "first-bought-first-shipped" basis.**