The #1 ranked 3D printer is now better than ever! The Duplicator i3 V2.1 is based on the revolutionary work of reprap core developer Josef Průša (Prusa). Wanhao is proud to introduce an entry-level 3D printer designed for customers who want to begin 3D printing without having to build a kit. This is a pre-assembled steel frame Prusa i3...the best-selling reprap in 3D printing!
Better features than machines 3 times the price... Among the features packed neatly into this printer are an MK10 single extruder with cooling fan, a gcode-based micro-controller, and a standard Heated Build Plate. Unlike most other Prusa offerings on the market, the Di3 V2.1 comes standard with a fan-cooled electronics housing and a custom filament holder. For the value this machine can not be beat. This printer is the ultimate reprap!
The MK10 hotend is all-metal with the exception of the industrial-grade PTFE insert and allows temps up to 260°C. Higher temperature capability allows the use of more materials and faster printing speeds.
Extra-long 45mm LM8UU bearings guide the extruder assembly for better lateral tracking.
The Z-Axis endstop switch comes secured to a height-adjustable bracket allowing the freedom to choose between any of your favorite build plates.
Software Freedom... 5 years of feedback has proven that users want the freedom to choose their 3D printing software based on the CAD programs they use every day. The obvious choice was to allow the Di3 V2.1 to accept open-source software in order to streamline the workflow of pro and novice users alike. Use the pre-loaded CURA Wanhao Edition or pick from the dozens of free and commercially available software packages online. Enjoy the freedom to use the most widely used file types from the best software packages on the market:
OBJ: Microsoft Visual Studio and CADRazor
STL: Thingiverse and Google Sketchup
DAE: Blender, FreeCAD, and Autodesk
This model is recommended for Beginners, Hobby Enthusiasts, & All-around Makers.
Included Printing Material: 10 Ft. of Black PLA Filament (Standard) or 2 PLA Filament Rolls (Optional)
Extruder: MK10 Single-Extruder
Filament Size: 1.75mm Dedicated
- Top Hotend Temperature: 260°C (Short-term), 240°C (Long-term)
Layer Capability: 0.1mm (100 microns)
Build Envelope: 200mm x 200mm x 180mm (8in. x 8in. x 7in.)
- Build Surface: Heated Bed Plate and Wanhao Adhesive Sheet
Filament Capabilities: PLA, ABS, PVA, Stainless Steel, NinjaFlex, Nylon, HIPS, Woodfill, LayBrick, CopperFILL, BronzeFILL, MOLDLAY, Conductive, Carbon Fiber, Polyurethane plus more!
Compatible Software: Repetier (Opensource), CURA (Opensource), MatterControl (Opensource), Simplify 3D (Details
- File Type: Gcode
- File Transfer: microSD Card & USB
Frame Color: Steel Frame (Powder Coated Black)
- Warranty: 1 Year FREE parts replacements and FREE in-shop service
*Updates exclusive to the Wanhao V2.1 version of the Duplicator i3:
- Z-motor dampening bumpers
- Multi-level Z-axis end-stop attachment points for using different build surfaces
- Multiple filament holder attachment points (electronics box & frame top)
- Wanhao Adhesive Sheet now included
- Y-Axis end-stop bracket moved from rail to frame
- Heating core crimp moved further back/out to fix fire hazard during operation
- New heavy-duty packaging (2 part frame tower)
- New Melzi mainboard (new stepper motor cables/connectors)
- New Melzi mainboard Temperature Fluctuation Cable installed
- Electronics box cooling fan now included
- Larger slot for microSD card
- Drag chain for rear cables now installed
Z-Axis endstop switch bracket added to allow better contact
- Thumb screws added to the build platform allowing easier build plate leveling
- Lock nuts added to build platform to retain perfect build plate leveling
- The corners of the build platform have been rounded off to increase safety
- The housing for the bearings that support the extruder assembly have been updated for better linear trace and to avoid X-Axis belt friction.
- Protective washers added to heated bed plate
- Updated heated bed plate which requires less power consumption
- Updated heated bed plate heating area (new brass track layout)
- New Melzi mainboard with updated HBP MOSFET
- New Melzi mainboard connectors with higher load capacity
Shipping Lead Time: 6-9 business days as of 11/24/16.